20 Percent of Americans believe that the sun orbits the earth?

I find this statistic hard to believe, but according to this article:

... over 40 percent of Americans do not believe in evolution and about 20 percent, when asked if the earth orbits the sun or vice versa, say it’s the sun that does the orbiting ...


Ok, I can believe the evolution statistic, but seriously, 20 percent think the sun orbits the earth?? That's 1 in 5 American adults. No way.... HEY, geo-centrists, are you really out there?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can believe you've had no posts...maily becauseone in 5 Americans are not fully literate. Why? I don't know. It appears to be a Nature/Nurture problem Is is stupidity?, a poor education, environmental toxins?, poor parenting? Beats me.

Popular posts from this blog

Base64 decode to file

Installing Virtualbox's Guest Additions on Debian and getting shared folders to work