WordFlashReader 0.94 Released



Its been a very long time since I've worked on this program. I released a copy of it about 5 years ago on Freshmeat (this old version can be found here for now - though it will probably be gone soon), but I haven't had much time to work on it since then. You can find the newest version here, and I've created a simple (and presently incomplete) webpage for it here. So far, I've only released a Windows version, but I'll soon update the Linux version on Freshmeat.

Basically, WordFlashReader is a Rapid Serial Visual Presentation (RSVP) program that makes reading things on-screen a lot easier on the eyes (at least once you get used to it). Feel free to distribute it, modify it, and so on (its GPL'd). Let me know what you think! Also, its still beta, so if you encounter any bugs - let me know, and maybe when I get a chance I'll be able to fix them.

From the Release notes:

This program is intended for anyone who has an electronic text or book they wish to read. It will flash each word of the text/book ssequentially, pausing at the punctuation. Not only is this way of reading off of a computer screen more comfortable on the eyes than the normal method, but also after a little practice you may discover that you can read at multiple times the speed you normally do.

Take a look at the following post if you want to know more about RSVP. Enjoy!

UPDATE (3/8/2007): WordFlashReader 0.98 has been released.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base64 decode to file

Installing Virtualbox's Guest Additions on Debian and getting shared folders to work