What do we call this decade?

I started trying to compiling a list of my favorite albums of this decade, but I ran into the problem of trying to figure out what to call this decade. Here is an NPR interview on it (I love NPR). Here are some of the proposals:

The Oughts
The Naughties
The Double Os
The Zips

Though none have really stuck. The first thing to come to mind is:

The Bush Era

Which means a couple of decades from here no one will really refer to it anyway (much like we don't refer to it in the last century). I guess it might be a decade worth forgetting, I've spent pretty much the whole damn decade in graduate school. I'm just hoping we will usher in the next decade with the change, hope, and vision Obama may bring. I'm looking forward to turning the page.

I'll just call it: The First Decade of the 21st Century. Unwieldy, but at least everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Comments

Hi nicce reading your post

Popular posts from this blog

Base64 decode to file

Swiftboating from the Left - Paul Harris's "The Real McCain"