When Ubuntu Intrepid finally comes out

It will be time for me to reinstall everything from scratch. My system, although not unstable, still feels plagued by problems that accompanying the Hardy release. I got to agree with lots of the points made in Hardy is a hard time. In my experience: Flash still crashes Firefox too much, some applications are still not compatible with PulseAudio, Rhythmbox can't handle the size of my music collection, the Tracker Search Tool supposedly finds matches but doesn't display them, etc., etc.

I don't know how many of these problems will be fixed in the next release, but hopefully it will feel more stable (ironiclly, given that Hardy is a LTR). What I'm not looking forward to, though, is re-figuring the configuration I have become accustomed with. This post is a future reminder for me of how I want things set up:

Applications to Install:

Accessories
  • Unison
  • Chm Viewer
Games
  • GFCE NES emulator
  • ZSNES
  • mupen64plus
  • PCSX
Internet
  • Deluge
  • Google Earth
  • Filezilla
Office
  • Grism
  • Bibus
Programming
  • Geany
  • Quanta Plus
  • Squeak
Sound and Video
  • Amarok
  • Songbird
  • DeVeDe
  • EasyTAG
  • k9copy
  • Picard
  • VLC
  • LiVES (maybe)
System Tools
  • Gmount-iso
  • Virtualbox
  • Wine
Preferences
  • Advanced Desktop Effects Settings
Administration
  • BootUp Manager
Other
  • Tor
  • albumart
  • TrueCrypt

Firefox Extensions:

(Hopefully by this time FEBE will be ready and I'll be able to use it to backup my addons with it):
  • CookieSafe
  • CustomizeGoogle
  • DownloadHelper
  • DownThemAll!
  • Firebug
  • FireGPG
  • Forecastbar Enhanced
  • Foxmarks
  • Gmail Space
  • Greasemonkey
  • hideBad
  • HttpFox
  • Launchy
  • NoScript
  • Password Exporter
  • TinEye
  • Torbutton
  • User Agent Switcher
Things to Back Up:

[come back to this]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Base64 decode to file

Swiftboating from the Left - Paul Harris's "The Real McCain"